Is My Website Hacked?
Websites being hacked is not a rare occurrence. It happens in plenty and you are not alone. A hacked website displays certain symptoms that help you confirm whether my site has been hacked.
Typical Symptoms of a Hacked Website
- The website gets blacklisted by Google and other blacklisting services.
- Hosting providers will shut down the website.
- The website will take a long time to load or not load at all.
- Search engines and browsers will display warnings about your website.
- The warning messages could be Danger: Malware Ahead! or Warning: Visiting this website may harm your computer or The Site Ahead Contains Malware, etc,
- Visitors report unusual redirects on your website
- The website sends emails of its own accord
If your website displays some or all of the above-mentioned symptoms then your website has definitely been hacked.
Website security software MUST protect the company’s websites, web servers, and web applications. It must not allow websites to get infected and then charge website owners a hefty amount for malware cleaning and hacked website repair.