Over the years, I have tried using different kinds of antivirus programs. Of the many ones that I have used, Comodo antivirus seems to be the most effective. It successfully blocks almost all kinds of threats; I'd say near total protection. Well, you make inquiries about Comodo. I bet you'd get mostly positive feedback.
Cleanup Shortcut Virus with Shortcut Virus Remover or Anti-virus Software
Trojan Removal Tool;
Shortcut virus fixfolder;
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, etc.
Delete/Wipe Shortcut Virus from Registry
1. Press Win+R and type: regedit to enter the registry;
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Click on Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Click Run;
3. Press Win + R, type: msconfig > Click OK;
4. In Startup, uncheck everything except for the anti-virus software;
5. Click OK > Click Restart now.
Remove Shortcut Virus using Virus Remover Tools
This method is helpful if you don’t want to do manual tweaks to remove the shortcut virus.
1. First Download Shortcut Virus Remover Software from here.
2. Extract it using Winrar or any other file decompressor.
3. Then run the Shortcut Virus Remover software and make sure that you run it on your flash drive.
4. Choose the drive from which you want to remove the virus(ex. E:, F:, G:). Then just click on Scan button.
5. Wait until the scan is complete and press ‘Enter.’ It will list all the shortcut virus in a drive.
6. Now just click on delete button, it will remove shortcut virus from your PC
I’d agree with what helenrandall says. I have been using different antivirus tools over the years. In my experience too, it’s Comodo that works the best, in most cases. As helenrandall says, “It successfully blocks almost all kinds of threats” and gives near total protection. Try that out.
I’d also agree with what lyanplunkeet says. You should definitely think beyond your present needs when going for an antivirus. I’d also say that it’s always better to think of long-term needs and usage and opt for a solution that helps solve the present issue and would be of use in the future as well.