My pc trapped with shortcut virus anyone help me which is best AV to remove this shortcut virus.
Are you sure it is really a virus? If so, I believe any powerful security application would clean your system and undo the changes applied by malware.
Most antivirus doesn't detect those shortcut virus but SMADAV does. The best one is avast free anti - virus. Install it and forget about virus. It'll easily clean your shortcut virus.
Over the years, I have tried using different kinds of antivirus programs. Of the many ones that I have used, Comodo antivirus seems to be the most effective. It successfully blocks almost all kinds of threats; I'd say near total protection. Well, you make inquiries about Comodo. I bet you'd get mostly positive feedback.
Don't go for one that satisfies just your present need. Think of long-term needs and usage and opt for an antivirus software that helps solve this issue and which would be of use in the future as well.
Cleanup Shortcut Virus with Shortcut Virus Remover or Anti-virus Software
Trojan Removal Tool;
Shortcut virus fixfolder;
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, etc.
Delete/Wipe Shortcut Virus from Registry
1. Press Win+R and type: regedit to enter the registry;
2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Click on Software > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Click Run;
3. Press Win + R, type: msconfig > Click OK;
4. In Startup, uncheck everything except for the anti-virus software;
5. Click OK > Click Restart now.
Remove Shortcut Virus using Virus Remover Tools
This method is helpful if you don’t want to do manual tweaks to remove the shortcut virus.
1. First Download Shortcut Virus Remover Software from here.
2. Extract it using Winrar or any other file decompressor.
3. Then run the Shortcut Virus Remover software and make sure that you run it on your flash drive.
4. Choose the drive from which you want to remove the virus(ex. E:, F:, G:). Then just click on Scan button.
5. Wait until the scan is complete and press ‘Enter.’ It will list all the shortcut virus in a drive.
6. Now just click on delete button, it will remove shortcut virus from your PC
There are different options, you could try out Comodo, Avira or any other prominent antivirus solution.
Although antivirus software can often miss shortcut virus files, you can still use
1. Trojan Removal Tool;
2. Shortcut virus fixfolder;
3. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, etc...
I’d agree with what helenrandall says. I have been using different antivirus tools over the years. In my experience too, it’s Comodo that works the best, in most cases. As helenrandall says, “It successfully blocks almost all kinds of threats” and gives near total protection. Try that out.
I’d also agree with what lyanplunkeet says. You should definitely think beyond your present needs when going for an antivirus. I’d also say that it’s always better to think of long-term needs and usage and opt for a solution that helps solve the present issue and would be of use in the future as well.
You can use any antivirus to fix and run your PC, My suggestion is avast, It's the best antivirus to Remove shortcut virus online. Just install avast antivirus software & easily scan your computer for virus free.