Difference between ...

Notifications
Clear all

Difference between Virus, Malware,Spyware, Adware

(@mick-j)

I recently got my PC infected. When i approached my friends their reply was something which put me in confusion. Some say PC is infected with virus, some say malware, some say bcoz of adware, etc. Whats the difference between all these?

Topic starter Posted : January 29, 2018 1:02 pm
(@richesobers)

"Virus is a part of Malware. It is a contagious piece of code that infects the other software on the host system and spreads itself once it is run.
Malware as a whole includes viruses along with other types of software such as trojan horses, worms, spyware, and adware.
Spyware is a type of malicious software that spies on you and tracks your internet activities.
Adware is also known as advertising-supported software which spreads malware through Ads.
"

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 30, 2018 5:50 pm
(@mick-r)

Spyware is software that monitors your computer and reveals collected information to an interested party.

Adware is a software that automatically displays advertisement such as banners or pop-ups when a user is online.

Virus is a program code that attaches itself to a program or file and infects other computers through that file. Malware is a program used to disrupt computer operations, gather sensitive data or gain access to private systems.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 1, 2018 8:30 am
(@jenkins-h)

Virus, malware, spyware, adware. All the attacks are interconnected with one another with an aim to attack the user. So there is not must difference between each other.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 1, 2018 7:35 pm
Share:
Login

Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Don't have account. Register

Lost Password
Register