How to protect my d...

Notifications
Clear all

How to protect my database from hackers?

(@jessicaguynn)

Give me suggestion for How to protect my database from hackers??

Topic starter Posted : September 17, 2018 2:13 pm
(@brucepotter)

Update your OS and other software frequently, if not automatically. This keeps hackers from accessing your computer through vulnerabilities in outdated programs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 18, 2018 10:39 am
(@mikkohypponen)

You have a legal obligation to protect your data from theft, follow the below step to keep your data safe from hackers;
1. Stay updated.
2. Toughen up access control.
3. Update everything.
4. Tighten network security.
5. Install a web application firewall.
6. Install security applications.
7. Hide admin pages.
8. Limit file uploads.
9. Use SSL.
10. Remove form auto-fill.
11. Back-up frequently.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2018 1:45 pm
(@benjaminwittes)

There are some database security practices which, if followed in the most effective of manners, can help. These include ensuring the physical security of the database, using web application and database firewalls, ensuring proper encryption of all data, proper and strict access of database, proper database management by ensuring that extremely confidential and critical data are not stored on public systems, auditing and monitoring all database activity, and hardening database to the fullest level possible. In addition to these, there is one basic thing that everyone should do, namely ensuring proper and regular back-up of all data. This is absolutely necessary as it helps bring things back on track if a hack happens despite all precautions being taken.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2018 1:37 pm
(@chrissowell)
  • I wouldn't like to go into the details. Let me just list out the basics, in brief
  • Install firewalls.
  • Install all necessary security applications.
  • Update everything- software, apps, OS.
  • Have strict access control.
  • Adopt effective network security measures.
  • Adopt effective encryption protocols.
  • Hide admin pages from search engines, use robots_txt file to avoid search engine listings of admin pages.
  • Never leave auto-fill enabled for forms on your website, that can make it vulnerable to attack.
  • Have effective password management.
  • Back-up regularly.
ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2018 1:43 pm
Share:
Login

Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Don't have account. Register

Lost Password
Register